I Love You Said Around The World
It's often said that love is the same in any language. Here are some ideas of how to say "I love you" to your sweetheart this Valentine's Day.
The History and Legends Behind Valentine's Day
Every February we celebrate Valentine's Day by giving flowers, candy and cards to those we love. We do this in honor of Saint Valentine. You may be wondering, "Who is St. Valentine"?Legend says, there was an Emperor at that time by the name of Claudius II. Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those that were married and therefore outlawed marriage for young men in hopes of building a stronger military base. Supposedly, St. Valentine a priest at the time in
Another legend has it that Valentine was an imprisoned man who fell in love with his jailor's daughter. Before he was put to death he sent the first 'valentine' himself when he wrote her a letter and signed it 'Your Valentine', words still used on cards today.
Valentine's Day Jokes
Here are some Valentine's Day humor just in time for Valentine's Day.
- What did the boy elephant say to the girl elephant on Valentine's Day?
I love you a ton!
- What did the boy bat say to the girl bat on Valentine's Day?
You're fun to hang around with!
- What did the boy cat say to the girl cat on Valentine's Day?
You're purrr-fect for me!
- What did the boy pickle say to the girl pickle on Valentine's Day?
You mean a great dill to me!
- What did the boy squirrel say to the girl squirrel on Valentine's Day?
I'm nuts about you!
- Did you hear about the romance in the tropical fish tank?
It was a case of guppy love.